This job is no longer available
Design Engineer (Geotechnical) - Midlands
A Geotechnical Design Engineer is needed to ensure the delivery of geotechnical and foundation designs from feasibility assessment, through to the design development phase and scheme close.
About the job
* Design foundations and/or geotechnical works so that they may be supplied and constructed in accordance with contract documents and/or current practices.
* Provide designs, volumes and quantities as required for tender submission such that upon contract award, the budget, programme and specification can be achieved.
* Correspond as directed with the Business Units, customer, consultant, vendor (sub-contractor) to ensure achievement of satisfactory progress and quality. Visit sites and offices to discuss and resolve project issues.
* Liaise with the appropriate personnel to achieve optimum construction, erection and installation procedures.
* Contribute to the development and updating of design aids and computer programmes and assist in analysis of new design concepts.
What you'll need
* Degree level education or equivalent with formal training in civil or structural engineering
* Geotechnical/Soil Mechanics qualification
* Strong knowledge of the supervision of sub-consultants or subcontractors
* Proven track record of the design of civil or structural engineering works
* IT Literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, CAD)
Salary: £30 - £50,000
Interested please contact Jonathan Webb
02392 415 270