This job is no longer available
The day to day role of the Geotechnical/Senior Engineer includes:
* Technical geotechnical design including foundations, retaining structures, embankments and slopes
* Site design/analysis and interpretations of ground investigations on a range of projects.
* System design calculations and preparation and review of drawings.
* Project management and team administration duties
* Working directly with clients and other professionals.
To be considered for the role of Geotechnical Engineer you must have the following:
* BEng in Civil Engineering ideally supplemented by an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics etc
* Working towards chartership with the ICE
* Experience in geotechnical design including deep foundations (minimum 4 years) and experience across a range of medium to large scale projects
* Experience of planning, managing, supervising and interpreting ground investigations
* Working knowledge of industry standard software for geotechnical design. FE capabilities desirable.