This job is no longer available
Our award winning client is one of the UK's leading engineering consultancies with a major international presence. They have an extensive client base from governments to major private clients and have worked on some of the world's most recognisable projects.
A new opportunity exists for a Tunnel Design Engineer to join our leading consultancy client on some of the largest projects in the UK and world.
The principal aim of this role is to undertake detailed technical design for the underground works, providing additional support to the team on design related issues and providing additional support to client meetings and new bids.
The day to day role of the Tunnel Engineer will involve:
* The technical design of underground structures
* Assisting design teams on all elements of the design works from new build to modification
* Attending and providing input to client meetings
To be considered for this role the ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
* Previous experience in a technical design capacity of tunnels and a range of underground projects. These can include TBM, C&C, Stations & Shafts in various ground conditions.
* A B.Eng/M.Eng in a related subject (e.g Civil Engineering)
* Aiming towards chartership of a recognised organisation e.g. (C.Eng.)
* The ability to motivate other team members, mentor junior staff and to work under your own initiative
* Willing to take on new challenges and produce innovative engineering solutions to complex problems.
Willingness to travel to work on international projects.
To apply for the role of Tunnel Design Engineer please click the "apply now" button