This job is no longer available
In this role you'll carry out schematic and detailed design of mast and tower structures and associated works for the Wireless Networks, Bridges and Transmission businesses.
Satisfactory designs of tower, mast and bridge projects will be provided to the Operations department - design calculations/ drawings and commentary that enables a safe and secure solution.
About the job
In this role your duties will include:
* Analyse and understand contract documents, and liaise with Principal Structural Design engineers to agree design requirements.
* Produce appropriate draft and final design calculations for review by a senior/principle design engineer, so that they may be supplied and constructed in accordance with contract documents and/ or current practices. Assist in analysis and resolution of design problems.
* Producing scope of works for geotechnical enquiries
* Interpreting geotechnical and third party information relative to the design
* Ensure that any drawings produced represent the design as intended
* Monitor time on projects
* Manage own work commitments to the project timescales.
* Assist in the tender process, understand and interpret scope of works
What you'll need
To apply for this role you'll be able to demonstrate:
* A degree in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Good structural analysis skills, ability to solve problems from first principles
* Knowledge with BS5950, BS8110, BS6399.
* Knowledge of BS8100/Lattice/Guyed structures advantageous
Interest please contact Jonathan Webb
02392 415 270