My client has opportunities for one temporary Civil Engineer to join our growing teams based at offices in Glasgow, to support an exciting and expanding workload in various river asset improvement projects for the next 6 months.
The Rivers and Coastal team at Glasgow urgently need assistance to manage an increasing programme of work for the delivery of a major project and support of an existing framework. This will include the identification, development design of best value solutions for hydraulic structures.
The role will require a good understanding of engineering principles and practical application of Eurocode Design. There will also be opportunity in this role to undertake site work.
Working within a small team to deliver design work it is an opportunity to take projects from feasibility to construction.
- Design of structures using Eurocodes.
- Preparation of contract documentation.
- Client and Stakeholder liaison.
- Understanding of hydraulic structures.
- Understanding of marine structures.
- Delivering high quality engineering calculations and integrity assessments.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required.
- Some experience with FEA packages.
- Site Supervision experience.
The Rivers and Coastal Team are responsible for the following activities, on which you will provide support:
- Working with various engineering software packages, with an understanding of GIS and CAD as an advantage.
- Validation of design calculations.
- Computer modelling work including hydraulic and hydrology assessments.
- River engineering design.
- Project management.
- Site supervision and contract administration.
- Feasibility and business viability of flood alleviation schemes.
Calco apologise that we cannot respond to all applicants personally and only those who match the criteria of the client will be contacted.
Calco Services operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Calco Services Limited
Based in London, Calco Services has more than two decades working with some of the best-know organisations in the Construction, Civil Engineering, Water, Building and Rail sectors.