This job is no longer available
Key tasks and duties: ·
Assists in recruiting, training and supervising a staff qualified to analyze and schedule activities pertinent to the design and construction of projects.
· Provides project management consultation on factors affecting the timely completion of projects.
· Performs special analysis for resource loading and performance progress. · Frequent communication with client and project team members.
· Analyzes drawings, specifications and statements of work in the preparation of activity networks for project resource planning and scheduling.
· Assist in preparation of program master schedule and performs critical path analysis.
· Assist in updating program master schedule on a regular basis for project management reporting.
· Prepares plans and schedules, status reports and performance evaluations. · Analyze progress reports against current baseline schedules.
· Develops and maintains manpower estimates, equipment and material delivery requirements.
· Monitors material status reports against construction schedules and reviews them with procurement and construction groups.
· Maintains liaison with the project and filed personnel for schedule revisions and updates.
· Provide project planning capabilities including critical interfaces and risks analysis.
· Establish and monitor project controls KPI's.
· Perform project EOT analysis.
· Ensure project policies and procedures are implemented accordingly.
· Develop Action and Recovery plans to support project delivery on time.
· Supports project management in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
Coordinates, supervises and checks the work of those scheduling personnel assigned to projects under his/her direction.
- 4-year degree in the engineering discipline is preferred
- +8 years of experience
- Must have construction background and ability to evaluate and develop construction schedules
- Experience working on municipal infrastructure projects
- Experience managing master schedule aand addressing extension of time
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience on design and construction of capital improvement program is required
- Requires proficient PC skills including proficiency in scheduling softwares used in the Project Controls Department including Primavera P6.2, MS Project 2003/2007, Claims Digger, Schedule Analyzer and other softwares.