This job is no longer available
1. To be able to work under own direction, with minimal supervision within Bid Team environment whilst maintaining Group Estimating procedures and philosophy.
2. To evaluate the tender information and prepare tender action plan and contribute to Bid Strategy (along with other members of the Bid Team).
3. To receive, acknowledge and check tender documentation and (along with other members of the Bid Team) raise queries relating to the tender documentation.
4. To attend any meetings with the Professional or Design teams both during and post tender.
5. To clearly scope appropriate subcontractor and material enquiries and issue to agreed list.
6. To evaluate and compare quotations received.
7. To consider alternatives which may produce financial or programme advantages.
8. To produce clear reports in either estimating software and standard applications to present Estimate for consideration by Bid Team and Directors
9. To be fully involved in Risk & Opportunity management.
10. To fully check the final priced estimate
11. To price the Preliminaries in conjunction with the Construction Team.
12. To present the estimate at the Finalisation Meeting supported by a fully priced nett cost build up with a full knowledge and understanding of the project in the form of a fully completed Tender Quality Plan with a full knowledge and understanding of the project.
13. To present the estimate to the Operational Team at the Contract Commencement meeting including a clear presentation of the basis of the finalised tender.
14. To liaise with other members of the bid team as appropriate to ensure that all aspects of the tender documentation are fully understood and adequately responded to, advising all members of the team on cost, buildability and programme where appropriate.
15. To have a good working knowledge of the local market and comply with and promote the Core Supply Chain philosophy in the preparation of the tender enquiry list with the Bid Team.
16. To ensure that the finalised tender is properly signed off in accordance with the QA Procedures, and completion of the form of tender for signature by the Managing Director.
17. To maintain regular contact with clients and consultant teams and to act at all times in accordance with the Company’s values as an ambassador and advisor, ensuring that working relationships with internal and external customers are consistent with the highest standards.
18. To be aware of and to ensure the Company Health & Safety Policy, Smoking Policy and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
19. To be aware of the Company Fire risk and Prevention Policy, and the storage and handling of chemicals and dangerous materials.
20. To ensure your conduct towards customers and colleagues is such that it upholds and enhances the good image of the Company.
To maintain a respectable standard of dress at all times