This job is no longer available
An International Construction Consultancy is seeking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager with extensive experience in the Education sector including, but not limited to, Higher Education; the busier of the three educations sectors for them currently. They are currently very active in the Education sector working on major new builds or extensions to existing facilities.
The features of the role are:
- Manage major projects, including management of a small team.
- Be the main client contact on projects.
- Actively promote the business's products and services, trying to secure further commissions from the client base.
Skills / Experience required:
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor (at least 7 years), ideally from a Consultant background.
- Already be operating as an Associate
- Extensive Experience in the Education sector having worked on School and University projects in recent years.
- Experience of major education projects (projects individually in excess of £50m)
- Good understanding of the various procurement /spending options within the Education sector
- Degree qualified, ideally with a Professional Qualification (MRICS, MCIOB for example).
- Resilient Character.
- Client Result focused, willing to challenge Project team members to get the best results.
- Value driven, able to find innovative solutions within this cost conscious market.
- Ambitious, driven character, keen to develop to the next level.