This job is no longer available
Purpose of Role
The selected candidate will be tasked with administering the execution of complex and high specification basement, extension and refurbishment projects on ultra high value residential property principally located within the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and the City of Westminster. Our work is carried out in challenging conditions constructing high quality living spaces using cutting edge technology.
Responsibilities will span a broad spectrum covering areas including Project Planning, Cost Management, Resource Allocation, Quality Management, and Safety Management.
The successful applicant will act as the primary point of contact for the Client or Contract Administrator from commencement to completion of the project.
Working with/under Contracts Directors to plan works, identify and implement design improvements and define the project scope. Liaise with Site Managers to ensure the design intent is accurately communicated, resources are allocated efficiently and works are completed to the highest possible standards. The role will be predominantly office based but, site visits and meetings will be required on a regular basis.
Typical Work Activities include:
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop accurate Project Programmes to identify and monitor key milestone dates and the critical path of works.
• Forecast resources needed to achieve project goals and co-ordinate with colleagues to deploy operatives appropriately.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Define project scope and goals in collaboration with senior management.
• Work with in house Architects to develop construction drawings and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and Clients in a timely and clear fashion.
• Serve as a key link with the Clients and review the designs and information prepared by the team before passing onto client.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, design proposals, required information schedules and other contractual documents.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
• Identify the elements of project, design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
• Motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Procure, instruct and direct a wide range of specialist Sub-Contractors.
• Build, develop and grow new business relationships with Architects, Engineers and Sub-Contractors.
• Source specialist materials, tools and plant.
• Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
• Periodic inspection of construction sites to monitor the progress of works and Health & Safety.
• Assist in house Architects in preparing construction details.
ACADEMIC AND VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• RICS, CIOB or other equivalent accreditation Desirable
• Educated to degree level Desirable
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• 8 years work experience in a project management capacity Essential
• Experience in managing projects worth over £1million Essential
• Well practised in execution of Design and Build Contracts Essential
• Familiar with a range of JCT contracts Desirable
• Strong familiarity with MS Project, Excel and Outlook Essential
• Excellent communication skills Essential
• Basement Construction Experience Desirable