This job is no longer available
Location - Trowse, Norwich
Salary - £15,000 per annum
Closing date for external applicants - 27th June 2012
May Gurney are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated recent graduate to join the company as a Design Engineer. If successful you will be based within the central design department where you will assist in the development of various design projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provision of Design services for a variety of Civil and Structural schemes on behalf of May Gurney Professional Services.
- Complete site inspections and surveys as required for the completion of the above projects. It is understood that a briefing will be required from either a Senior Design Engineer or the Internal Design Manager prior to these works.
- Management of the day-to-day within the Internal Design Department, in line with the instructions of the Senior Design Engineer or Internal Design Manager. This does not imply any responsibility other than implementing the SDE's or IDM's instructions.
- To assist the Design Engineers and / or Internal Design Manager in the execution of specific delegated tasks during times of absence.
- To assist in the development and review of design /assessment spreadsheets and / or calculation templates for use within the Internal Design Department with a view to increasing overall efficiency.
- Other reasonable items / duties as requested by the Senior Design Engineer or Internal Design Manager.
- Experience in the Design of Civil Engineering structures.
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of relevant British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Understanding the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by maintaining the highest level of standards.
- Basic awareness of SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the design process.
- Pride and enthusiasm for work. Be fully competent and have experience in the production of
construction related drawings.
- The ability to take instructions or sketches and produce unambiguous working drawings to a high standard of accuracy in an appropriate format, and to agreed timescales.
Apply today to be in with a chance of securing this exciting position. You will receive excellent benefits and comprehensive training opportunities.
May Gurney is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all suitably qualified candidates