This job is no longer available
Project / Programme Manager - Water Infrastructure
c£40,000 - £45,000 plus attractive benefits
Severn Trent Water serves over eight million customers across the heart of the UK, stretching from the Bristol Channel to the Humber and from mid-Wales to the East Midlands. As a FTSE 100 company, we can offer a wide range of career opportunities and attractive benefits.
We are currently recruiting for a Project / Programme Manager to take the lead in delivering a programme of major water infrastructure projects focusing around our Derwent Valley Aqueduct.
This is a large diameter pipeline between North Derbyshire and Leicester, which serves up to 200 million litres of water per day to our customers in the East Midlands. The project will focus on refurbishment of this important 100 yr old asset together with reinforcements to ensure supplies continue to be maintained for our customers.
The Project / Programme Manager role will;
- Take ownership of the delivery of multiple water infrastructure projects (generally totalling up to £20m/yr); ensuring projects are delivered safely, on time and to budget.
- Develop and take ownership of an aqueduct asset management plan to undertake risk management and deliver identified capital maintenance projects
- Work closely with both internal staff, consultants and design and build contractors to swiftly move projects through from feasibility to design and construction, ensuring excellent customer service and minimal disruption to our customers.
- Undertake financial management of projects to ensure accurate and robust financial forecasting and budgetary allocation.
- Drive the identification and management of risks which could impact on the successful delivery of the Capital Programme.
- Work closely with other utilities, statutory bodies and statutory undertakers, (e.g., power, gas, Network Rail, British Waterways, Highway Authorities, Councils) to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
The Project / Programme Manager will have/be:
- Experience in a similar Project / Programme Manager role, ideally focussing on water/waste infrastructure. We would also welcome applications from those with capital project delivery experience in the following industries, Utilities, highways or similar
- Ideally Degree qualified and chartered in a Civil Engineering field, although we would also accept applications from those with other relevant Engineering qualifications (Mechanical, chemical, Electrical etc) or equivalent
- Experience of Supply chain management, Contract Law and Construction Contract Terms.
- Full UK driving license
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.