This job is no longer available
Controls, develops, manages and coordinates the provision of engineering services to client organisations so that results are achieved on time and on budget, and to agreed standards of quality. This position reports to the Project Manager.
- Develop the organisation''s engineering competence and market advantage.
- Select, develop and deploy engineering expertise to ensure projects are completed on time in accordance with budgetary and quality requirements.
- Plan, allocate and coordinate resources and projects in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develop engineering standards, systems and procedures within the organisation.
- Manage the resources of to meet the budget requirements for the projects.
- Manage the engineering function in a professional, efficient and profitable manner.
- Supervises a dynamic controls systems engineering team.
- Undertakes design reviews.
- Monitors program requirements in accordance with plans, specifications and company and statutory standards.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and implementation of Quality procedures, work instructions and flow sheets.
- Plans and implements engineering program, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements, per customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Identifies project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organisation managers.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
This position is authorised to sign documents under their direct control. This position is authorised to manage corporate engineering personnel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated business acumen. Strong leadership and management skills. Effectively communicate and negotiate with broad range of stakeholders. Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise. Good attention to detail. Ability to work with professional engineers in a dynamic project team environment.
Teamwork. Results orientated and self-starter. Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organisation. Able to maintain composure under all circumstances. Ownership, responsibility and accountability. Actively encourages and engages those reporting to the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant engineering design and consulting experience.
- Management and leadership experiences, including direct line supervision.
- Experience in Strategic Planning processes.