This job is no longer available
To design soft fm solutions to support work winning bids by identifying, leading, managing and developing FM bids technically and commercially in accordance with company ethics, procedures and guidelines typically in excess of £1m and up to £10m per annum. To ensure that all the necessary bid and knowledge resources are co-ordinated and managed in the most efficient and effective way to support the overall bid project objectives and to maximise the opportunity for winning and closing new business. Ensure that in meeting the client objectives for range, efficiency and quality of Facilities Services, the optimal value to risk proposition is determined and the best possible commitment and profile of the Skanska organisation is maintained at all times. Manage all internal and external bid relationships to best deliver optimal outcomes for the bid and future Facilities interests including strategic bid partners and subcontractors.
Health, Safety & Environment
Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to, the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies. Implement the relevant requirements of the IMS within their area of responsibility.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
* Develop bid winning solutions in support of TFM bids to achieve the business growth objectives in accordance with the business strategy and target markets of health, education, defence, government and commercial
* Ensure that the quality of submissions is of the highest standard to maximise success in meeting client scoring criteria
* Lead bid teams to ensure tenders are adequately resourced to meet best practice and compliance with the Company’s business authorisation levels and controls including all quality, health, safety and environmental procedures
* Produce bid execution plans and ensure these are clearly communicated to the bid team.
* Identify and plan resource requirements, including setting bid budgets and ensuring compliance with budget
* Manage and co-ordinate the bid teams and supply chain partners to ensure adherence to all agreed strategies
* Liaise with clients and stakeholders, representing the company at meetings, preparing and making presentations to prospective clients and Company’s senior management
* Ensure bid project and financial reporting is carried out to the Company’s requirements and standards ie. tender bid analysis, development appraisal, cost model, phased P&L forecast.
* Ensure that solutions are innovative, competitive and environmentally optimal.
* Demonstrate a high level of Commercial understanding of all aspects of the bid, preparing detailed risk registers, management plans and financial summaries for Company management
* Act as the Facilities contact with the client, ensuring customer satisfaction during bid project, financial close and mobilisation phases as appropriate
* Ensure that the internal and JV/ProjectCo/Client interface requirements are fully understood and met in accordance with company approvals
* Engage with colleagues and record success factors, best practice and sharing of knowledge
* Ensure knowledge of the programme; work with the operations and functional support HR, IT, procurement and commercial teams to ensure bid targets and objectives are achieved. Ensure implementation of policy decisions
* Management of supply chain partners, subcontractors, professional teams and specialists within the bid process, ensuring that optimum cost/risk positions are achieved, suppliers meet client pre-qualification requirements and agree to Skanska’s general and project specific terms of supply.
* Ensure that all solutions meet the requirements of the customer within affordability constraints.
* Comply with the requirements, procedures and approvals required within the Integrated Management System and Risk Management System
Job Facts & Figures
The first bid projects may include sectors such as health, education, local authority, central government, defence and commercial clients that include both hard FM and total FM solutions. The value of projects will range between £1m and £10m per annum and be for a term up to 30 years.
Further projects will be bid on the Government Procurement Service framework agreement which Skanska will participate in for the next 2 years minimum, or suitable opportunities identified in the European Journal or like publications and these are for a variety of government agencies, central and local government and the NHS. Further projects may also include FM tenders for large private organisations.
The job is likely to require extensive travel and overnight stays throughout the UK dependant upon the project location.
* Demonstrable organisational experience of bidding medium/large size projects
* Working knowledge of soft fm services, pre-dominantly cleaning, security, portering, reception, waste, pest control
* Track record of securing significant work
* Management of bid teams essential including examples of performance improvement.
* Good standard of general education essential; Degree or above preferred. HNC/HND/Degree in Quantity Surveying desirable
Job Specific Qualifications: MRICS (or equivalent experience)
* Must have a working knowledge of NEC/ECC/JCT/PFI forms of contract
* Have an understanding of life cycle techniques and full life costings
* Have an understanding of both hard and soft FM operational design techniques and how these impact upon project design and commercial proposals
* Have an understanding of environmental impacts, legislation developments and the transfer of environmental risk to contractors.
* Ability to maximise return/benefit from procurement practices and supply chain development