This job is no longer available
My client is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They have an enviable record in project delivery and have designed some of the most iconic structures in the world. They also have a commitment to a sustainable design approach and continually pursue technical excellence through their ground breaking work.
Their geotechnical teams are currently regarded to be some of the best in the world and they are now looking for a talented, technical engineer to join their busy Midlands office.
The day to day role of a Geotechnical Engineer includes:
* Technical geotechnical design including foundations, retaining structures, embankments and slopes
* System design calculations and preparation and review of drawings.
* Site work and field visits, supervision and interpretation of ground investigations
* Project and team administration duties including mentoring junior staff on a range of projects
* Working directly with clients and other professionals.
To be considered for the role of Geotechnical Engineer the ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
* BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering ideally supplemented by an MSc in a related discipline (Geotechnical/Soil Mechanics etc.)
* At least 2 years experience in geotechnical design
* Working knowledge of industry standard software for geotechnical design. Finite Element Analysis experience would be an advantage.
* Experience in the logging of soil and rock to BS5930/Eurocode 7
* A second language would be advantageous.