This job is no longer available
BCL Plant Hire and Haulage is the in-house provider of heavy engineering plant and equipment for the Ardmore Group. We own and manage excavators – all sizes from 50 tonne to 1 tonne, dumpers, rollers, mobile and static concrete pumps, full range of MEWP access equipment, telehandlers, forklifts, mobile compactors together with a fleet of HGVs.
The role involves maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of plant vehicles and equipment, maintaining the machinery in a clean, safe condition at all times. The major part of the maintenance and repair work is carried out on site therefore clean driving licence is required.
Duties include –
- maintain the plant and ensure that servicing schedules are followed in accordance with manufacturers' specifications: periodically execute a series of checks, inspect for wear and damage, replace parts known to have a limited life or which are found to be damaged and renew oil levels;
- compile lists of spares required ensuring correct parts are ordered;
- carry out routine safety inspections on all Core Plant lifting and access equipment;
- identify the fault, diagnose the cause and repair faulty machinery;
- record works carried out on daily log sheets;
- comply with the Company Health & Safety procedures at all times to ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff members, visitors, contractors and others.
- commitment to developing self and others (pursue opportunities to develop skills within team);
- quality orientation (develop awareness of required standards, and ensure they are consistently met);
- creativity and innovation (create new and imaginative approaches in work related issues. Identify fresh approaches and show a willingness to question traditional assumptions);
- flexibility (adapt to the changing demands of the required workload).
Success in this role depends on positive, supportive working relationships with the site team and office based staff.
If this role is of interest, please contact us on 0208 344 0300 for more information or submit your CV by email.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.