This job is no longer available
Key aspects of the role include:
* Drafting of specifications, work schedules, contract documents, etc.
* Preparation of tender reports and analysis, valuations, instructions and certificates.
* Conducting building inspections and surveys - identification of defects, remedial measures.
* Liaison with Local Authorities, clients, contractors and engineers.
* Preparation of regular position statements and progress reports.
* Chairing and minute-taking in client, progress and site meetings.
The candidate should possess the following attributes:
* Sound knowledge of social housing construction and refurbishment.
* Experience and understanding of different forms of building contract, including JCT, PPC and TPC.
* Organisational skills and the ability to delegate, manage and control.
* Ability to take client instructions, ensure deadlines are met and deal with contractual information relating to cost, quality and time. * Capability to work in a professional consultancy environment and able to keep records, manage files, etc.
* Good persuasion and negotiation skills with clients, contractors and consultants.
* Awareness of Health and Safety and CDM-C requirements.
* CSCS and CRB approved.