This job is no longer available
A consulting Civil & Structural Engineering company based near Brighton are looking to appoint a Chartered Structural Engineer due to an increase in business. The company primarily work with residential projects working with all general structural materials such as steel, masonry and timber. They are looking to take on someone who has quite a heavy commercial background to help develop the business and complement the already existing residential success they have.
The role will be split between design and on site surveys/reports. With this in mind the ideal candidate will have a breadth of structural design experience in extensions, loft extensions and new builds. You will also be looking to expand and build upon the already established commercial business and will be expected to meet clients and exercise the business proposition through presentations.
The key requirements for the role are:
- Chartered or near Chartership
- Experience with design and surveys
- Have business acumen to drive the commercial side of the business
- Have experience in commercial projects such as mutli-storey buildings
- Experience with software packages AutoCAD, Fastrak, TEDDS and microsoft office
- Knowledge and experience in RC detailing would be an advantage
You can expect to be highly rewarded for your continued contribution to driving the business forward with a potential to progress your career.