This job is no longer available
Essential Experience/Skills: * Experience of site supervision in relation to Highways Agency motorway communications schemes.
* Must have knowledge of Highways Electrical Registration Scheme / National Highways Sector 8 Scheme and hold a current valid ECS card demonstrating competency in highway electrical and associated works.
* Some knowledge and understanding of DMRB, MCDHW, Traffic Management (Chapter 8).
* C&G / ONC or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
* A background in highways technology or a similar technical environment.
* Motivated, versatile and enthusiastic.
* Able to work well in a team environment.
* Task oriented, and responsible for individual performance targets.
* Good communication skills.
* Some understanding of quality management systems.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and a record of working safely.
* Full UK driving licence.
Desired Experience/Skills: * Acting as company representative on site;
* Ensure works comply with contract specification. This will entail maintaining accurate records as directed by the Project Manager;
* Assist in the preparation of the site-specific health and safety plans and risk assessments and manage all works in accordance with these;
* Supervision and witnessing of installation works and testing;
* Support the Project Manager in the delivery of schemes on programme and to budget;
* Undertake site surveys and inspections and record findings;
* Ensure the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are met with regard to Capita employees and all those affected by our operations;
* Establish good working relationship with Designers, Clients, Consultants, Contractors and all other parties with an interest in the scheme.
Personal Attributes: A self motivated individual with site supervision skills who is able to demonstrate the following Capita Competences:
Team Working - Co-operating and respecting colleagues and making a positive contribution to the team and the business as a whole.
Customer Service - Creating the best possible experience for Capita clients and their customers. Takes personal pride in providing a quality service to customers (either internal or external) to achieve targets.
Communication The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively.
Performance Management: Delivery of business objectives through effective setting of personal goals - takes ownership and responsibility for personal performance targets.
Results Focused: Getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time, task and financial management. Prioritises own activity and is methodical in carrying out their work.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.