This job is no longer available
Essential Experience/Skills: * Experience of site supervision in relation to Highways Agency motorway communications schemes.
* Must have knowledge of Highways Electrical Registration Scheme / National Highways Sector 8 Scheme and hold a current valid ECS card demonstrating competency in highway electrical and associated works.
* Knowledge and understanding of DMRB, MCDHW, Traffic Management (Chapter 8) and their practical application to Highways Agency roads.
* C&G / ONC or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
* A background in highways technology or a similar technical environment.
* Highly motivated, versatile and enthusiastic, target driven and customer focused.
* Able to work well in a team environment and willing to take responsibility and supervise others.
* Task oriented, and responsible for individual performance targets and contribution to team performance targets.
* Good communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships by communicating effectively at all levels within the business, and with Clients and other organisations.
* Understanding of quality management systems and associated process and procedures.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and a record of working safely.
* Full UK driving licence.
Desired Experience/Skills: * Acting as company representative on site, liaising with Project Managers, Design Engineers, other consultants and contractors;
* Ensure works comply with contract specification. This will entail maintaining accurate records as directed by the Project Manager;
* Assist in the preparation of the scheme programme, site-specific health and safety plans and risk assessments and manage all works in accordance with these;
* Supervision and witnessing of installation works and systems testing and commissioning including the preparation of acceptance certifications and reports;
* Support the Project Manager in the delivery of schemes on programme and to budget;
* Undertake site surveys and inspections, which will involve the preparation of reports and drawings;
* Ensure the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are met with regard to Capita employees and all those affected by our operations;
* Establish good working relationship with Designers, Clients, Consultants, Contractors and all other parties with an interest in the scheme.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.