This job is no longer available
Swann Group Ltd is looking for a Senior CAD Draughtsman to undertake and oversee the production of steelwork fabrication drawings from our in-house engineering teams based in our offices.
· To undertake and oversee the production of steelwork fabrication drawings.
· Negotiate reasonable deadlines with Project Engineers for delivery of CAD work.
· Allocate drawing tasks to self and to other CAD Draughtsmen and then monitor progress against deadlines.
· Monitor and improve the productivity of the CAD Group, to perform as a client-focused team, supporting the Project Engineers.
· Check and improve the accuracy of all CAD work before submitting to the Project Engineer for approval.
· Develop the Swann Group standard drawing style (layering, line styles, text, layout, title blocks etc).
· Set up a library of Standard Details. Liaise with Project Engineers to ensure Standard Details are used wherever possible.
· Produce a CAD Handbook and ensure the handbook is regularly updated. Ensure all CAD Draughtsmen receive adequate training in the handbook rules.
· Train CAD Draughtsman in the use of Bentley Prosteel 3D detailing package.
· Act as interface between Project Engineers and CAD Draughtsmen on issues of productivity and accuracy.
· Prioritise workload according to various different clients’ demands. Resolve conflicting deadlines by negotiation with Project Engineers.
· Keep abreast of technical developments in CAD software, to ensure all CAD Draughtsmen are using ‘tricks and shortcuts to improve productivity and reliability.
· Offer technical advice if requested to all technical staff on Auto CAD software.
· Develop a system for producing Materials Lists in database format as an Attribute to a Piece small CAD drawing.
· Other duties appropriate to the level of this role
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience required in drawing production for civil and structural engineering.
· Must be fully conversant with operating Bentley Prosteel 3D
· Must be highly experienced in the production of steelwork fabrication drawings.
· Computer literate and conversant in the use of general software packages (Microsoft Outlook, Excel , Word, Project etc.) and technical packages (AutoCAD, structural design packages etc.)
· Although based principally at our Braintree factory facility, the successful applicant will be required to oversee CAD resource at our other offices in Southampton and Tonbridge.
· Full driving licence
· Commensurate with experience