This job is no longer available
Are you seeking a new challenge where your skills and experience will make a difference?
Are you keen to leave the UK behind and move to New Zealand for a better lifestyle with work/life balance?
Are you looking to work for a company that takes on challenging projects that will take your career to the next level?
We are seeking experienced and motivated Senior Estimators to join our team in Christchurch. The projects we work on are technically challenging and in an environment that will enhance your career in the construction industry.
We are a leading engineering construction company operating across New Zealand and the Pacific Islands and we've been responsible for constructing some of the largest and most challenging projects in these areas. Our expertise includes the construction of bridges, roads, tunnels, mining infrastructure and ocean outfalls.
Our creative approach is what makes us stand out from the crowd, we rate ourselves on our ability to innovate and our clients place a high value on it. It also means we work on more challenging projects that not only require a more creative engineering approach, but also the need to be inventive.
We hire the best and brightest in our field. It's something that we're proud of, we strive to be the industry leaders and it shows in our work.
This role will see you:
• Prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for tender submissions
• Work within timeframes and ensure all deadlines are met.
• Analyse and control tender documentation
• Mentor and work closely with more junior members of the team
• Work closely with clients and the on-site team to gain a thorough understanding of requirements
Here is what you'll need:
• Solid experience in Civil Construction works
• Tertiary qualification or equivalent, 5 years+ experience
• A high level of computer efficiency, especially within Excel
• A proactive attitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organised team player with an open and approachable personality
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package that includes relocation assistance, healthcare and superannuation, and a warm and welcoming culture where you will be supported and encouraged to continue to develop professionally.
To apply please go to www.macdowcareers.com and search for 'Senior Estimators’ stating where you heard about this job in your cover letter. Alternatively, if you have any questions please contact Rebecca Dyke, Recruitment Advisor on +6495735010
View http://youtu.be/Dx4aI9-R5Rg for more information about McConnell Dowell.