This job is no longer available
Property services manager - Cambridgeshire - Perm - £45k plus package
The Client -
Our client is a top 20 leading main contractor with an extensive portfolio of clients, they work across many sectors and have numerous offices nationwide. Due to the success of winning a new framework agreement with a major client with a large property portfolio they are now keen to recruit a Property Services Manager.
Summary of role -
This is a site based role within the Property Services department with a responsibility for the overall management and success of the projects in question, including customer relations, health and safety, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value of operations on projects from £1k to £1m. You must also be able to work on your own initiative with a direct management of both the supply chain and client requirements.
Key Tasks -
The principal tasks of the Property Services Site Supervisor may include:
• Working on own initiative to proactively deliver projects with little mobilisation time and minimal support from Property Services team.
• Direct control of subcontractors, material supply and direct labour as deemed required on any individual project.
• Active role in procurement of subcontractors to complete works, assisting Property Services QS as required.
• Leading regular site meetings with the Project Team including direct liaison with the Client and End User.
• Manage multiple small minor projects if required.
• Maintaining strict quality control procedures.
• Implementing site rules & safety checks.
• Ensuring the project runs to program and to budget.
• Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems.
• Maintaining effective long term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors.
• Ensuring the site complies with the Companies Business Management System.
• Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
• Seeking and developing on going continuous improvement.
• Providing aftercare services to the customer.
• Any other duties relevant to the role.
Skills/Attributes required -
Leadership and management skills
Technical knowledge and experience
Commercial and financial awareness
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Good IT knowledge for use of e-mail, Word & Excel.
Understanding of programmes and risk registers.
Qualifications and specialist training -
NVQ3/4 or equivalent in appropriate subject
CITB level 3 Safety Course
CSCS Card – Appropriate level
Relevant job experience -
Experience with a trade background with a proven record of management of subcontractors and direct labour experience.
Knowledge of Construction Contracts such as NEC