This job is no longer available
Health & Safety Officer/Trainee. London and South-East. Construction Company is looking for a Health & Safety officer with 1-2 years site experience with emphasis on the Environmental aspects. NEBOSH preferred.
The Company works in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering Infrastructure
- Groundworks for Commercial projects
- Structural Design & Construction
- Temporary Works Design
- New Build
- Reinforced Concrete Frames
Health & Safety Officer/Trainee ~ Your potential Duties:
• Supervise, support and guide all safety operations under your control.
• Ensure that safety systems and plans meet the relevant safety standards.
• Advise and guide site staff, operatives in setting up, implementing and maintaining safety systems.
• Keep and maintain clear records to comply with Company internal audit standards.
• Assist Project Managers with safety submissions and risk assessments when requested.
• Communicate and promote the health and safety management ethos and concepts.
• Deliver training as agreed
• Ensure that all contracts are provided with the relevant statutory health and safety documentation.
• Carry out site safety inspections.
• Identify areas for improvement and issues
• Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Health & Safety Officer/Trainee ~ Your Qualifications and Experience:
• NEBOS qualified within a construction environment.
• Able to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
• Able to deliver any health and safety training
You should be able to encourage Safety without the need to continually enforce Safety. You must be able to work well with the existing company staff, contractors and have a proactive communicative approach to the role. You must have good written and communication skills and an ability to develop and implement Health and Safety performance related systems and procedures where required.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 1-2 years experience working on construction projects as a Health and Safety Officer/Trainee or Health and Safety Advisor. Experience of excavations and associated works is preferred whilst experience in other Building & Construction aspects is advantageous. You should be familiar with Associated Legislation:
- Hand Arm Vibration & Noise Management
- Working at Heights
- Confined spaces
- Manual Handling
Salary. £23 to £27,500 basic is negotiable. Candidates will only be considered if they are already legally permitted to live and work in the UK.