This job is no longer available
A Senior Structural Engineer is required to assist in all aspects of design under the supervision of a Principal.
The Senior Engineer role is responsible for the production of elemental and structural designs required in order to allow the production of drawings for construction purposes and may also be responsible for the day-to-day management, planning and control of projects reporting directly a Principal or Associate.
- Mentor and provide support to team members.
- Responsible for structural engineering design development and the preparation of structural engineering documents.
- Solve complex problems in connection with structural engineering segments of large projects.
- Provide full structural design calculations for building regulation submission and answer any queries that may arise.
- Deal with necessary authorities to progress the project.
- Communicate details of design to draughting team and check output prior to formal issue.
- Ensure projects are running to schedule and budget.
- Utilise engineering analysis software to carry out design of structural elements.
- Carry out basic checks by hand on scheme designs as well as check more complex computed design.
- Communicate by fax, phone and email and attend meetings with members of the design team both internally and externally with other professional disciplines.
- Visit sites, carry out site investigations, attend site meetings and check progress of work on site.
- Respond to queries from other professionals.
- Prepare reports and specifications for projects.
- Develop entire structural engineering design concept incorporating planning, architectural, engineering and other required systems for small, medium and large projects.
- Review structural engineering documents for code compliance.
- Review shop drawings and materials for conformance with the structural engineering design concept.
- Select suitable materials in connection with structural engineering.
- Become aware of, apply and encourage use of company QA system.
The role requires:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of structural engineering design and the ability to undertake and direct the detailed design of all forms of building structure.
- Diverse material experience in both new build and refurbishment.
- Ability to manage a small team and mentor junior members of the team.
- Good financial capability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- New Build & Refurbishment
- Design in all material types.
- Background of working with Contractors and Developers.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Project to create, view and manipulate files.
- Have an understanding of AutoCAD/Revit
- Have a working knowledge of design and analysis software.
- CEng MISTRUCTE preferred