This job is no longer available
I am currently recruiting for a General Manager - Capital Projects for an Operator based inNigeria. This exciting role entails joining a Company that is growing and having the opportunity to establish state of the art capital projects management suited toNigeria. The Company is looking for a high caliber and motivated individual to fill this critical role. The role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer or Senior Executive. The successful candidate will play a major role in the detailed engineering of Facilities and as such a significant background in facilities engineering will be required. The ideal candidate for this role would:
- Develop and set strategies for the planning, design, procurement, contracting and execution of capital projects within the companies for both Operated and Non-Operated assets.
- Build and staff a fit-for-purpose sustainable capital Projects organisation capable of delivering cost, schedule and quality performance that benchmarks very well with its competitors
- Deliver Capital Projects in accordance with the HSEQ, cost, schedule and operability targets set at the time of FID sanction. Routinely monitor project performance and actively intervene to rectify deviations to plan
- Develop and maintain a capital Projects Management System that sets required quality levels - institute reviews and periodic audits to confirm effective functioning and compliance with Corporate Policies and capital project Standards
- Build effective relations with peers on Executive Committee, the Board, JV Partners and broader Stakeholders including Regulators (DPR etc),Governments (state and local), Communities and NGO's drawing on specialist resources within the Company
Experience and Skills
Wide experience across capital projects within the upstream life cycle from supporting Business Development in acquisition activities to handover to Operations. This should ideally have been both with Operators and Contractor companies.
Proven leadership ability to work at senior level with Board members, Politicians etc whilst also comfortable with getting stuck into the detail of projects at the site with the front line PMT; The role requires a hands-on approach and not a "manager of managers."
Uncompromising on delivering capital Projects to high standards holding all involved to account for their responsibilities and targets, and being held to account for overall delivery.
Familiarity with establishing and effectively operating Project Management systems
Extensive experience in facilities engineering; the successful candidate will likely be a facilities engineer or have significant facilities engineering experience.
An understanding and appreciation of the subsurface, drilling and operations disciplines and how they interact with facilities projects
Commercially astute and adept at establishing contractual arrangements; strong negotiating skills and ability to resolve issues with all potential parties
Prior Nigerian experience is desirable but as a minimum should have prior oil and gas experience inAfricaor other comparable developing regions. Must have highly developed cultural sensitivity and able to create an open and inclusive working environment, whilst ensuring that Company integrity and deadlines are adhered to.
A Masters or Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with subsequent professional accreditation/training; A minimum of 20 years industry experience in Facilities, Projects Engineering Management and experience in Formal training / qualifications in Project Management such as PMI would be beneficial. Surface experience will be required.