This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced professional to join our new Technical Services Partnership in North Tyneside as a Profit Centre Manager. You will have a superb opportunity to deliver a strong core service and to grow a business, supported by a team of professional colleagues.
If you have excellent communication and commercial skills, enthusiasm and determination, combined ideally with a background in local authority town planning, consumer protection services and consultancy, then this job will provide you with an opportunity to establish a leading consultancy in the region.
Your local government experience will be put to use enhancing the services we deliver to our core client, North Tyneside Council, and your consultancy experience and business acumen will ensure we grow the team to become a regional hub, serving a range of public and private sector clients.
To achieve this, you will be a proactive operator at the highest level, both with officers and Members, in local government, as well as have a proven professional background in town planning.
Your roles and responsibilities
To lead an extensive team of professional staff in delivering planning policy, development management services and consumer protection services on behalf of North Tyneside Council as planning and statutory authority, exceeding our contracted performance targets and enhancing the customer experience.
This will include:
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding the service's key performance indicators;
* Being the lead delivery partner person responsible for providing planning [and consumer protection] related services we provide to the Council;
* Represent the Council at external meetings, when appropriate;
* Continuous review of process and procedures to maximise efficiency and deliver best practice;
* Significantly grow the revenue of the team, by securing consultancy commissions; this will involve:
- Meeting financial targets for the business;
- Taking a lead role on bidding for new work;
- Having responsibility for the delivery of high quality, timely, and cost effective consultancy commissions; and
- Developing an ambassadorial role for the company in promoting Partnerships with other Council's.
* To keep up to date with current legislation and policy changes, including CPD requirements; and
* Work with other teams across Capita Symonds to ensure best practice is shared and opportunities are maximised.
As an experienced Planning or Consumer Protection professional, you will have:
* Management experience, ideally across more than one team - post-holder will be leading an extensive body of staff - with multiple teams of varying size and professional and admin function;
* Demonstrable networking skills across various public bodies - i.e. delivering projects requiring multi agency agreement;
* Commercial acumen and be able to increase the turnover of a commercial town planning and building control consultancy [and an ability to convert similar ability to consumer protection services]; and
* Financial experience in running a profit and loss account.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join our new partnership contract, please call Vicky Thorburn in the Capita Symonds recruitment team on 0845 607 5185 or apply today.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.