This job is no longer available
Millions of people and thousands of tonnes of freight rely on our network everyday. From stations to tracks, signals, bridges and tunnels, we are responsible for improving Britain’s rail infrastructure. Through the largest investment programme in our history, we’ve committed to improving the economy by helping Britain run better. Already journey times are being reduced and the number of passengers keeps on growing, but there are new and even more ambitious changes ahead.
Within Infrastructure Projects (Anglia) our core purpose is to deliver a safe and reliable railway through sustainable practices that balance cost, efficiency, quality and risk.
As a Commercial Manager within IP (Anglia) you will be working as part of a team reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager. You will be responsible for managing the day to day commercial and contractual needs of projects from delivery through to close out. You will be focussed on achieving value for money and proactively manage your workload.
You will need:
- A sound commercial aptitude
- A proven track record of successful commercial delivery within projects
- Ability to communicate simply and effectively
- Detailed knowledge of commercial activities including valuations & payments, change control & variations, reporting and final accounts
- A solid working knowledge of standard forms of contract
- Capability to manage a portfolio of projects
- Able to identify and report on commercial risks
- Experience of negotiations
- Ability to advise on project delivery within corporate governance
- Educated to degree level
This demanding role is in a fast developing team and will suit a person who is comfortable working on their own initiative and who strives to achieve high performance.
These roles will initial be based at Shoreditch and will move to Stratford early in 2013.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about this position and apply, please click on the "Apply now" link below and insert ‘IRC598044' into the keyword search on the external site.
Closing date: 21 October 2012.