This job is no longer available
We are currently looking to recruit Section Engineers to work on a Major Civil Engineering project just outside of Reading, Berkshire.
Your Key Activities include:
• Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
• Supervise chainperson, assistant and site engineers.
• Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
• Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
• Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
• Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
• Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers.
• Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
• Prepare 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman, coordinated with overall site programme and ensure necessary resources available with sub agent / agent.
• Monitor 4 weekly programme, mark up progress for review at the weekly site review meeting.
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
• Carry out material take off and requisitions as requested by sub agent / agent.
• Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing.
• Ensure that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
• Order materials and maintain register of all orders placed and confirmed.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Successful experience at site engineer level.
• Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• Contract requirements relevant to current construction contract.
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).