This job is no longer available
Our client is an academic institute based in Auckland is need of an experienced Building & Maintenance Manager. Reporting into the Facilities Manager with a number of direct and indirect reports, this is a newly created position. The salary for this position is in the region of $100,000 plus benefits. Knowledge of NZ Building Codes is essential.
The main duties are to manage and co-ordinate the work of the Building and Maintenance team, to ensure the smooth running of the services provided and that the standard of work meets the requirements of the institute.
The key aspects of this position include: staff management & leadership, financial management, capital & projects works maintenance, resources, contractor liaison, customer service and health & safety.
- To ensure the effective management of staff within the Building and Maintenance Team.
- To control the financial allocation of funds to the Building and Maintenance budgets in order to obtain the most efficient and effective use of funds.
- Evaluate needs in order to provide information and make recommendations on capital works, accommodation plans for future developments and manage the approved capital works process.
- Manage, oversee and resource planned and preventative maintenance works across all sites
- To ensure that buildings, plant and equipment are maintained and up to the required standard of operation within the available funding.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers of works and services so that projects and/or services meet the agreed specifications.
- Implement effective quality procedures and instil the department with a strong customer service ethos towards the Institute's staff, students, departments and the wider community.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety Policy of the Institute is followed by the areas under your control by taking all practical steps to create and maintain a safe working environment for staff and other persons within the areas of responsibility and understand the health and safety management issues that relate to the role.
Ideal Person Specifications:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or project management or 5+ years experience in facilities systems, equipment maintenance or equivalent within the construction industry.
- Experience in Facilities Management or Operations Management.
- Demonstrated staff and team leadership experience.
- Construction or Building Project management skills in a large organisation.
- Required ability to read and interpret full working drawings and plans.
- Experience working closely with and managing various contractors, including electricians, builders, roofers, plumbers and design engineers.
- Experience working within regulatory guidelines including the NZ Building Code and consent process as they apply to capital works, fit-outs and minor structural changes.
- Competent level of computer literacy including MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook & Project.
- Hold and maintain a valid vehicle driver's license, which must be kept current.
- Experience working within budgets and negotiate with and influence key decision makers.
- Understanding of cost quotation preparation and working within budgets.
The ideal applicant will be self directed and goal orientated achieving desired results within tight timeframes; have excellent relationship building skill, be resourceful and an adapt problem solver; have the ability to promote safe work practices and be able to demonstrate well developed planning and project management skills.
Suitable applicants will be required to complete and pass pre employment checks such as medical and a Police check to be eligible for the role.
Send your CV to email@example.com or call 09 950 4812.