This job is no longer available
Our client is undertaking a major LNG Project in Papua New Guinea. We are seeking a well-rounded and experienced Site based Project Engineer to join the team in PNG. You will be working on a FIFO rotation on a contract day rate basis. Flights and Accommodation are provided.
The project involves the construction of an onshore pipeline, offshore pipeline, x2 LNG Trains, Gas conditioning facilities and associated infrastructure.
You must have worked on large oil and gas projects in remote locations and have extended experience working on gas plants and associated facilities.
The Field Project Engineer serves as the Project representative on site of the Operator. This engineer will assist and communicate directly with Construction PMT on site.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assist PMT in improving overall site safety by observing site behaviours, participating in safety meetings, and intervening in unsafe acts in a manner consistent with HSES Policies, Procedures and Practices and that is supportive of safety culture.
- Provide expertise to assist the project team in improvements in progress/productivity; be able to identify gaps and recommend enhancements and resolution
- Assist PMT with resolving quality-related and workmanship issues on site; maintain focus on site quality documentation
- Provide expertise to assist the project team in resolving quality assurance/control related issues
- Assist PMT to plan, coordinate, and follow-up Quality Surveillance activities
- Monitor and appraise quality control activities
- Provide feedback to PMT on alternate construction methods, if applicable, based on field observations
- Monitor and evaluate site management processes; identify any areas of systematic weakness and recommend corrective actions
- Assist in stewarding audit findings to resolution and closure in a timely manner
- Review and provide comments on site generated documentation, which includes:
- Revised P&ID's
- Method statements and JHA's
- Welding documents (plans, procedures, qualifications, etc.)
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans and procedures
- Construction, Commissioning, and Completion plans
- Work Packs
- Construction drawings
- Coordinate and/or provide subject matter experts when requested by PMT to assist with resolution of site issues
- Attend site meetings (as required)
- Coordinate ad hoc Project representative visits to site
- Assist with the coordination of MOC's, which require Project acceptance
- Provide information to Project on progress and other issues on a weekly basis. Monthly reports will continue to be based on provided data via formal reporting to Project Operator.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a recognized engineering discipline
- 15+ years of oil and gas project experience (onshore and offshore process, quality, construction, commissioning, and start-up expertise)