This job is no longer available
The team works and as part of a multidisciplinary Buro Happold service on very large projects but also has its own independent workload in traffic engineering and transport planning.
The team workload is split evenly between development projects in the UK and projects overseas, particularly in Ireland, Russia and the Middle East. The type of work varies from strategic Masterplanning at city scale to the preparation of Transport Assessments for projects in the UK. There will therefore be opportunities for overseas travel.
Between the Transportation teams in Bath and London, support services are offered to Buro Happold colleagues in offices all around the world. Our largest and best customer is Buro Happold itself – the company’s world-wide reputation for delivering complex and innovative development means that the Group is kept busy servicing a steady flow of complex and prestige projects.
You will form a central part of our team in Bath, working closely with six others on a wide range of projects. You will also work closely with colleagues in the Transportation team in London.
· Preparation of input to Transport Assessments
· Trip forecasting using TRICS, TRAVL and other techniques
· Basic report writing
· Cap park assessment and design
· Policy review
• Degree in a relevant discipline plus at least 2 years’ relevant work experience or equivalent Or
• Masters degree (MEng) in a relevant discipline plus at least 1 years’ work experience or equivalent
• Good written communication skills
• Computer literate
• Experience of development planning in the UK
• Member of a Chartered Institution
The post holder must at all times carry out his/ her duties with due regard to the Buro Happold Diversity Policy