This job is no longer available
Job Status: Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: Canadian Nationals or Canadian Work Permit Holders
Job Overview: A leading geoscience and engineering consulting company serving the global upstream oil and gas industry seeks a Regional Strategic Account Manager to manage the relationships within existing accounts and to drive new business growth for consulting services in Canada. Applicants are invited with sales or/and business development experience in the oil and gas upstream market, with a key focus on strategic stakeholder management and business growth. Experience in the subsurface domain highly advantageous.
The Company has a unique business model which is well received and growing in reputation. They source highly qualified geoscience and engineering professionals to enhance their Clients workforce or they undertake and manage the full outsourced project on behalf of their Clients. Working with a portfolio of clients from global oil operators to integrated service providers, the Company is fast becoming the strategic partner of choice for many players. Their teams of professionals include: reservoir engineers, petroleum engineers, geophysicists, geologists, and petroleum economists. They focus on developing the technical skills of these teams whilst fostering excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills.
The management team has a wealth of knowledge in understanding the challenges, constraints and needs of the upstream oil and gas industry and how to deliver high quality results. The Company has a strong focus on investment and development analysis for new assets as well as production improvement for existing assets. They work in partnership with their clients to deliver innovative and disciplined processes and project professionals which results in improved knowledge, skills and profit margins.
With committed investment for growth globally, a unique business model, and a growing reputation and client base, this is a great time to join the Company.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing you will undertake:
· Identify the key decision makers within existing and potential Client accounts across your region.
· Establish and maintain relationships with these contacts – becoming the key focal point of contact for all Company related business.
· Work closely with these contacts, understanding their business challenges, constraints and needs.
· Devise strategies to raise awareness of the Company’s services and reputation.
· Devise and implement business growth strategies to support and leverage your Client’s project demands. Monitor performance of these strategies and adjust to leverage potential growth.
· Provide accurate sales forecasting.
· Consolidate requirements for your Client projects and work with the Company’s resourcing teams to ensure you meet demand. Be proactive in defining medium and long-term requirements for resources needed to augment the Client’s existing teams or for the project to be outsourced.
· Apply leadership, facilitation, and collaboration skills to leverage sales within your accounts.
· Apply strong stakeholder management skills within your accounts – ensure that all relevant personnel are informed of activities effectively.
· Keep abreast of current trends relating to outsourcing and insourcing of geoscience and engineering projects and personnel.
· Work with the global sales team to develop and implement plans to deliver excellent services and maintain a high level of Client satisfaction.
· Oversee the entire sales cycle for your accounts - including relationship building, tendering process, agreement execution, invoicing, and collection.
· Be proactive in the industry – attending conferences, trade shows, technical summits etc. Strive to constantly raise the awareness and reputation of the Company’s services.
· Keep abreast of energy industry best practice, trends and challenges relating to geoscience and engineering software, workflows, practices and consultancy service offerings.
The key to this role is proven sales or/and business development experience within the upstream petroleum industry. As an entrepreneurial individual, you will be given a great deal of scope and autonomy to deliver results and to exceed targets. The role offers great potential to take on more senior level roles working with a rapidly expanding Company.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
· Entrepreneurial individual with proven experience in Sales Account Management, Sales Management OR/AND Business Development in the upstream oil and gas industry essential.
· Previous experience selling consultative services highly advantage but not essential.
· Experience selling technology products or services relating to drilling evaluations (G&G subsurface through to drilling design/planning), completions or/and production highly advantageous.
· Strong financial acumen with the ability to devise strategic plans with high capital winning potential is essential.
· Highly strategic – the ability to devise, monitor, manage and communicate strategic sales plans and forecasts effectively essential.
· The technical aptitude to grasp the challenges and needs of the client and the ability to consolidate and relay needs to the appropriate Company resourcing personnel.
· A strong interest and understanding of the evolving oil and gas life cycle and the trends in technologies, workflows, practices, investment, decommissioning etc. and what this means in terms of driving future growth and ultimately sales revenue.
· Highly methodical - ability to be self-directed, to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail but constantly paying attention to the bigger picture.
· Excellent communications skills - you will liaise closely with senior level management and technical personnel across your accounts.
· Personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels internally and externally to deliver results.
· Ambitious with a keen drive to exceed expectations and develop ones career.
· Ability to travel internationally as required.
Package: Dependent on skills and experience, a Base Salary of $130K - $170K (CAD) plus commission giving potential on target earning (OTE) of $230K - $270K in the first year. Role offers a great deal of autonomy to excel and to take on more senior level positions with attractive financial rewards.
To apply, go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Candidates’ ‘Review Jobs’ and apply online OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified.
Copyright © Working Smart 2012
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.