This job is no longer available
One of the South West's major providers of commercial building, maintenance and refurbishment services are looking for someone from a senior operational background to lead their team.
The are seeking a commercially driven and dynamic Operations Director to take hold of all operational, strategic and control functions of the company. The successful candidate will work with the management to achieve high levels of efficiency, productivity and client satisfaction. Here you you will also play a significant role in the development of a strategic plan for growth of the group. You will understand the value of every £1 working its way through the companies working capital.
You will manage a large team of operatives, contract managers and field engineers, constantly seeking improvements in efficiency and client delivery. You will have a keen eye on cost and seek cost reduction opportunities at all times. Furthermore you will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of supplier management processes and procedures.
You will be a leader when it comes to business development, attracting new work and realising opportunities from existing clients and driving the sales process in the search of new clients and new contracts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a multi disciplined approach to the Social Housing and commercial market. To ensure the service our clients receive from those in your operational team is to the highest possible standard and that operational delivery is being optimised. Total responsibility for ensuring full compliance with operating procedures through inspection and audit with full P&L responsibilities, to guide the business into the future with planned growth ensuring that all planned objectives, aims and targets are all met and lead to the overall company goal.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will promote company vision, values and a culture of continuous improvement.
- to drive improvement in efficiency managing multi site teams in a role requiring high levels of client interaction
- handling the logistics of the organisation
- preparing budgets and inventories
- overseeing the supervision of employees
- to ensure client satisfaction and consistent growth in revenue
-ideally degree educated or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for the position.
- first class communication skills and strong contractual understanding with the ability to lead multi-disciplined teams
- detailed knowledge of the UK social housing sector and have held a senior operational leadership position
- well presented and have excellent commercial awareness and business acumen
- to be able to identify new business opportunities, create business plans and implement strategy whilst ensuring the company is managed efficiently and responsibility
- to work productively in a pressurised environment
- to act decisively when face with urgent issues whilst maintaining a high level of service at all times
- able to bring objective view to difficult scenarios and draw together parties to reach equitable outcomes
- leads from the front, taking accountability for the development and delivery of solutions through effective communication, collaboration and allocation of responsibility
- promote the culture of continuous improvement in the organisation
- a positive desire to succeed and improve in a fast paced environment
- ability to identify and implement efficiencies
- has the ability to seize and take opportunities
- excellent work ethic