Senior Engineer - Temporary Works Design (SMB)
We are looking for a Senior Engineer - Temporary Works Design to join our civils technology services business based in Rickmansworth. To provide temporary works design support to the SMB JV in order to support delivery of water infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects within the Thames Water Eight2O Alliance.
* Liaise with Temporary Works Coordinators to establish temporary works design briefs
* Provide safe and cost effective temporary works designs for site teams in accordance with project procedures
* Check temporary works designs provided by sub-contractors and suppliers
* Provide design support to unforeseen conditions arising during construction
* Provide high quality technical solutions for a given project/section of project
* Assess buildability of proposed works
* Liaise with permanent works designers to resolve issues of construction method and buildability as necessary
* Perform structural analysis and design by hand calculation or with use of computer software
We're looking for:
* Accredited first degree or Accredited MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering or other appropriate engineering subject.
* Chartered Engineer
* Fully conversant with BS5975 and good knowledge of other relevant design standards and regulations
* Good knowledge of the engineering principles that lie behind civil and structural engineering design
* Familiar with a range of proprietary equipment for excavation support and other temporary works
* Awareness of commercial aspects of engineering solutions
* Able to identify and manage design related health and safety risks
Technical Services brings together a number of disciplines across Skanska UK that are key drivers of operational efficiency. These disciplines include; procurement and supply chain, design and design management, building information modelling, industrialisation, quality, business improvement and innovation.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.