About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join our Eastern Scotland DU team to work across Scotland.
What you'll be doing
As Senior Estimator you will:
- Where no Bid Manager is appointed and if required by the relevant Business Stream, lead the bid process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner
- Lead the Estimating team, including managing the workload and allocation of estimating resource within assigned bid teams. Undertake the role of Estimator on projects, where required
- Seek to understand, lead the development of and implement the appropriate digital tool sets to execute cost take-off and other estimating activities, such as 5D cost planning
- Attend or carry out periodic Tender Health Checks and formal risk reviews to ensure that the identified risks are mitigated as far as possible in tender submission
- Ensure that cost planning and estimating are accurate and reflect the project requirements and risk profile
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Previous experience of managing the process of estimating projects, within the construction industry is required along with a valid CSCS card.
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
- Working knowledge of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas and an understanding of the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning is desirable.
- An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
- A good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. Experience of leading a team is desirable. Able to be a strong team player, as well as work on their own initiative.
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required. Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems is essential.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 28th September 2016