Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Our client is a leading Rail Services provider, and looking for a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to oversee all health & safety matters on site relating to construction, maintenance, repairs and renewal works
Our client is a leading Rail Services provider in the UK, with numerous offices and a strong presence in the North West
To provide technical support, leadership and assurance to ensure suitable and sufficient health, safety and environment (HSE) practices are in place for construction, maintenance and engineering works across the network so that the business meets or exceeds all legal requirements.
1. Input to project plans to ensure HSE is considered from the outset and ensure risk, as much as possible, is designed out and minimally that it follows the hierarchy of risk control where it cannot be eliminated at source.
2. In conjunction with the technical office team, input into the HSE decision-making and planning processes for engineering work.
3. Review, and input as appropriate, to construction, maintenance and engineering risk assessments/method statements to ensure suitable safeguards are in place.
4. Undertake site visits to assure and/or embed appropriate HSE practices at the point of work.
5. Coach and support the engineering and property management teams to ensure safety continues to be prioritised.
6. Develop and monitor leading HSE performance indicators for construction, maintenance and engineering.
7. Support engagement activities with external stakeholders to secure additional funding opportunities and external practitioners to continually improve and import best practice.
8. Input into Group Industry Standards to ensure management systems are suitable and that they are implemented in practice.
9. Input into quality management to ensure a right first time approach as part of minimising waste and reducing unnecessary exposure to risk.
10. Input to, and as appropriate, undertake HSE audits for construction, maintenance and engineering.
11. Develop and deliver HSE training, tool box talks, etc. for construction, maintenance and engineering.
12. Support or lead, as appropriate, incident investigations and ensure the delivery of recommendations.
Essential: NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma or equivalent (or working towards).
Essential: CMIOSH (or workings towards).
Essential: Experience of working within construction or engineering environment.
Desirable: Experience of working within a railway environment
£40000 to £48000 + final salary pension, bonus, healthcare, train fare discounts