Unit Manager – Rail Engineering
This is an opportunity to lead Rail Engineering activities for a leading international engineering design consultancy group. If selected, you will play a key role in growing the Rail Engineering group’s business in Malaysia by further developing partnerships with existing and new clients. The ideal candidate will therefore have a thorough understanding of rail projects in Malaysia and previous knowledge of tendering processes within the country. You should be well-connected with industry professionals with the enthusiasm to deliver high quality projects in a highly competitive marketplace.
Duties will include:
- Overall management of design projects, to include both Civil and M&E/Systems related engineering;
- Management of project quality, milestones, and budgets;
- Leading and maximizing financial performance of the group;
- Identification of, and tendering for, relevant new projects.
- Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a proven background in Rail Engineering;
- 20+ years’ experience of design engineering experience for rail projects;
- Experience focused on Mass Rapid Transit covering both underground and elevated projects is preferred;
- Knowledge of engineering for other rail projects also an advantage (e.g. High Speed Rail, LRT, APM, Heavy Rail)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Malaysia would also be advantage for this role.