Commissioning Manager (FTC 6 Month)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Commissioning Manager (FTC 6 Month) to join our Engineering Construction team to work in Capenhurst.
What you'll be doing
As a Commissioning Manager, you will be:
- Assisting where appropriate in the selection of the Specialist Sub-contractor to carry out the commissioning from a technical point of view, making sure all elements of the project are covered
- Checking all documentation for commissioning of all systems is available in the correct format and that all design figures are completed prior to the start of commissioning
- Executing and demonstrating all system commissioning and providing paperwork to demonstrate that the work has been completed.
- Checking all documentation has been completed correctly and ensuring copies are available for collation in the LTR's
- Managing the delivery of SAT and handover from specialist subcontractors in conjunction with the Electrical Engineering Lead.
Who we're looking for
- Have significant management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries
- Have a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the construction sectors, including specialist markets, with an ability to differentiate against market propositions
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Be analytical with good planning and organisational skills
- Have an innovative approach to business solutions and strongly results focused
- Be customer focused
- Have good commercial acumen with sound market awareness
- Have good analysis and report preparation
- Be a strategic thinker
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 5th October 2016