Senior Quantity Surveyor - Consultancy- Birmingham
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Consultancy - Birmingham
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a mid-sized, successful, market-leading Environmental consultancy in the commercial sector. You will join a growing team in the commercial sector working on projects for a wide range of reputable 'blue chip' companies, both nationally and internationally. Our client has offices in London and Birmingham, and is looking to expand. The main Contractor offers a wide selection of services, including remediation of heavy metal, hydrocarbon and asbestos, ground re-engineering, marine restoration and environmental protection. Past projects have included eradicating Japanese knotweed at a major UK site, the waste treatment of a large UK harbour, and ground re-engineering for the development of residential housing.
In this role as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to advise on commercial interests with clients, lead the financial management of large projects, be responsible for reviewing and managing contracts, negotiate on behalf of the client's interests, and liaise directly with the directors of the company.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing ongoing cost analysis, cost forecasting, and risk and value management
- Preparing and manage sub-contracts
- Visiting sites and liaise and negotiate with clients and sub-contractors
- Preparing monthly financial reports for the board of directors
To be successful in this Senior Quantity Surveyor position, you will ideally:
- Have around 3-5 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably with some experience with earthworks or remediation
- Have experience with contract administration
- Have experience with cost management, cost analysis and cost forecasting
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a full UK driving licence
Our client is offering a competitive salary with flexible benefits, including car allowance, pension, healthcare and bonuses, and encourages and supports career progression to the highest levels in this sector. This is an exciting opportunity to join the leaders of the Environmental field using cutting edge technology to deliver incredible results beyond that of a typical quantity surveyor company.
In order to discuss this Senior Quantity Surveyor role and other roles within quantity surveying please call 0121 442 0649 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.