Assistant/ Engineer Flood Risk Specialist
Here at Peter Brett Associates (PBA) we’re enjoying our success and have ambitious plans for further growth. PBA is well respected by its employees, clients and within the industry, having been awarded a position in the 2015 Sunday Times Top 100 best companies to work for, plus recently winning Consultancy of the Year for the second year running.
PBA’s Water Management Team based in Reading is seeking an Assistant Flood Risk Specialist to join its growing team.
The Water Management Team based in Reading is an experienced group and is the main centre for flood risk, hydrology and hydraulic modelling within PBA nationally. The modelling team undertakes analysis to support:
- Regeneration and new development and infrastructure,
- The Environment Agency and Lead Local Flood Authority clients in the development of flood alleviation schemes and advising on flood risk,
- Engineering design of hydraulic structures and navigational works
- River restoration and water framework directive driven work
- Works to water bodies classified under the Reservoirs Act.
Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a flood risk practitioner, hydrologist and/or hydraulic modeller, preferably with a focus on fluvial modelling.
The ideal candidate will offer experience in some of the following areas, although it is not essential to cover all points:
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments
- FEH, ReFH, FSR and other industry standard hydrological approaches
- 1d river modelling, using software such as Flood Modeller Pro, ISIS, HECRAS, ESTRY or Infoworks
- 2d hydraulic modelling, using software such as TUFLOW or ISIS 2d
- Experience of applying hydrological and/or hydraulic models for situations including fluvial, tidal, pluvial, breach and reservoir flood risk.
- Understanding of surface water drainage and preparation of Drainage Strategies or Impact Assessments
- An understanding of policy and guidance within the flood risk industry
For the right candidate, the role within the hydrology and hydraulic modelling group would provide opportunities to undertake all elements of a project with appropriate technical and management supervision, consolidating existing skills and developing new skills. PBA has an active Young Consultants Forum, a network of younger consultants, and has many opportunities for career development and training and support for Chartership and personal development.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
To apply please click the button below to complete our online application.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by our clients. Together, we create better places for the communities in which we work.
Peter Brett Associates LLP provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people at PBA are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners.
To find out more about Peter Brett Associates LLP and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit our website www.peterbrett.com/home
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.