About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a General Foreman to join our Major Projects team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a General Foreman, you will be:
- Inputting into the production of Work Package Plans and Risk Assessments
- Providing suggestions and recommendations for Temporary Works solutions
- Identifying future requirements for setting out and communicate to Section Engineer
- Carrying out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
- Ensuring that the workforce/Gangers have sufficient and correct information in terms of specification, workmanship and finish
Who we're looking for
You will have/be:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
- Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 31st October 2016