Sub Agent (Construction)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Sub Agent (Construction) to join our Major Projects team to work at the Crossrail C512 site office.
What you'll be doing
As a Sub Agent (Construction) you will:
- Review Method Statements and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate
- Be able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation (HFACS and 'Four Page Report')
- Guide & coach subordinates in technical requirements and techniques of setting out
- Take ownership of whole process of production, checking and submission of Handover Documentation (Green Files or equivalent)
- Implement systems and processes to support construction of the works in accordance with the specification (eg Materials Approval, NCR, Handover Documentation)
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Who we're looking for
You will be:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity
- Experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded
- Able to produce a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software
- Experienced at producing detailed records and correspondence for commercial recovery
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 31st October 2016