About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Major Projects team to work on the Crossrail C512 project, London.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, you will be:
- Producing Task Briefing Sheets
- Contributing to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce
- Setting out from primary control provided by others
- Producing as-built drawings & records for every element of the works involved in
- Measuring actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure, reporting and investigating reasons for differences
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
- A current driving license and CSCS Card
- Understanding of Permit to Dig System
- Environmental awareness
- Ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS
- Understanding of Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file
- Strong understanding of construction tolerances
- Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents
You will be:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
- A good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 31st October 2016