About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join our Major Projects team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a Logistics Manager, you will be:
- Managing the local Logistics Depot and any relevant satellite locations within the Logistics function.
- Co-ordinating and managing plant & materials stock, ensuring all administration procedures are followed, maximising stock turns and ensuring accurate stock management
- Ensuring all materials and consumables depot(s) with all the correct information has been administrated.
- Ensuring Logistics attend regular meetings with operations to maximise communication with the internal customer to improve planning and visibility of all materials, tools and plant required.
- Managing costs in line with agreed budget and making efficiency savings where ever possible.
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Experience in a Logistics environment
- Ability to manage teams effectively
- Good communication and motivation skills
- Ability to resolve identified issues
- Capability of taking ownership for the works from start to finish, including the handover of the works
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 31st October 2016