About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Foreman to join our Major Projects team to work in London
What you'll be doing
As a Logistics Foreman you will:
- Manage the local Logistics Depot and any relevant satellite locations within the Logistics function.
- Co-ordinate and manage plant & materials stock, ensuring all administration procedures are followed, maximising stock turns and ensuring accurate stock management
- Ensure all materials and consumables depot(s) with all the correct information has been administrated.
- Ensure Logistics attend regular meetings with operations to maximise communication with the internal customer to improve planning and visibility of all materials, tools and plant required.
- Manage costs in line with agreed budget; making efficiency savings where ever possible.
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Who we're looking for
You will be:
- Experienced in a Logistics environment
- Able to manage teams effectively
- Able to resolve identified issues
- Capable of taking ownership of the works from start to finish, including the handover of the works
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
CLOSING DATE: 31st October 2016