About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join our Major Projects team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a Document Controller, you will be:
- Managing the requirements for document control on one or more bids to ensure implementation and compliance to standards established within the Business Management System (BMS)
- Identifying contractual requirements in relation to Document control
- Ensuring accurate control of bid documentation from preconstruction/ PQQ through to completion and archiving
- Liaising with project or bid teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met
- Ensuring that procedures are fully implemented in order to meet requirements of the BMS and other documentation and information systems, e.g. Business Collaborator
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- A good understanding of IT and the Business Collaborator EDMS
- An ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 31st October 2016