We are working with a leading Utilities provider who work across the whole Yorkshire/North East regions
The Contract Manager will have a good amount of operations experience in the Utilities sector. They will be responsible for Operational and Commercial elements of the project with support from the Project manager and the Commercial Manager
Our client is a leading Utilities provider who deliver utility services to around £3m homes and business in Yorkshire and the North East
The main purpose of the contract manager role is to manage the live metering contracts associated with the provision of meter asset rentals or metering services to the Distribution Network Operator. This will include the management of metering procurement contracts, the management of service contracts and the regular publication of performance metrics by contract.
- Delivery of the outputs of the contract including meters volumes, financial outputs and customer service measures
- The management of all health and safety risks associated with the relevant meter contracts
- Management of customer service with the clients including holding regular contract review meetings
- Performance reporting on the contracts to the agreed Key performance indicators
- The management of the master rental agreement with the relevant suppliers
- The responsibility for the tracking of meters and recovery of their associated rental income
- The management of costs within the contracts ensuring that costs associated with the meter life-cycle are minimised.
- Ensuring all the relevant permissions for capital and operational expenditure are achieved
- Ensuring timely renewal of the contracts and liaison with the MAP commercial manager
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Contract management / project management qualifications
- Experience of problem analysis and solving followed by clear decision making.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Good analytical skills (Capable of analysing complex information using a variety of techniques and delivering outputs based on it)
- A history of contract management and negotiation skills
- An understanding of asset management processes with a particular view on utility metering
- Previous commercial Gas and Electricity utility metering experience
- Knowledge of the smart meter rollout and timetable
- Technical knowledge of meters (gas and or electric)
- Considerable contract management and development experience
- Substantial knowledge of the gas and electricity markets from an asset and metering perspective.
- Show an ability to work under pressure to meet challenging targets/deadlines and a drive to create excellence.
- Possess excellent people skills and have a customer-centric approach.
- Be able to build and influence effective working relationships.
- Be prepared to travel and work on a national basis.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Be able to communicate and develop key business relationships effectively across key business function and other businesses
£38000 + £40000 + bonus + package benefits