- Job Type
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to join our Construction team to work in Solihull.
What you'll be doing
As, Design Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer.
- Managing and ensuring effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
- Providing advice and guidance on the "buildability" of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
- Liaising with all statutory bodies/authorities as required - such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
- Supporting the Safety by Design & Engineering forum or other similar forums, representing the business stream, as required.
For further information please see the attached job description.
Who we're looking for
- Proven experience in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
- Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of BIM is required. The individual will have experience within the most current forms of procurement.
- Relevant Professional membership with an appropriate institute, e.g. RIBA, BIBSE, IET, aligned to the workstream is recommended.
- A valid CSCS card
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is a global company with fantastic, leading edge projects. We offer great opportunities for career and personal development.
Our reputation gives our customers, employees, partners, suppliers, investors and the many communities that we serve the confidence to trust us and do business with us. Our four Group-wide values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect are essential in helping to guide our employees and the way that they behave.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 25th October 2016