Structural Engineer - Opportunity to Take Engineering Lead
About the client: The client we represent is a large sized specialist sub-contractor based in North West London. They have been established for almost 30 years now and have an annual turnover in the region of £120m, with a profit in excess of £10m and typical project ranging from £5m to £30m. Being based in North West London, the majority of their work is London based, but also Home Counties. They specialise in RC frames.
About the Role: In House Structural Engineer
Engineer for RC frames, RC cores, substantial structures, façade retention, substantial temporary works. Experience in sub & superstructure operations and logistics.
- To study the Client Brief and to ascertain what the client wishes to achieve from the project.
- To advise the client if there are omissions from the scope of design defined by the brief that could adversely influence the programme / Getjar scope.
- To assess the work defined by the client’s brief in line with the capabilities of the company
- To propose and clearly detail any value engineering solutions, and provide sufficient detailing to allow for a programming and cost analysis to be undertaken.
- Liaise with client’s design teams in relation to defining scope and detailing of works
- Liaise with structural engineers engaged on behalf of the company for the detailing of structural elements
- Provide technical support to site with regards to technical detailing
- Support the Temporary Works Department in design calculations and site applications
- Detail technical proposals as directed by the requirements of projects, and provide analytical comment to the company and/or client
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, with at least 3-4 years UK site based practical experience. Must have strong evidence of experience in Temporary Works, Groundworks and Reinforced Concrete. Design & Build experience is useful.
- Graduate member of IStructE and/or ICE and must have gained good design skills on new-build RC-Framed construction
- Strong Technical Engineering background, you will have had at least 3-4 years practical site experience working for a specialist RC, or Groundworks sub-contractor.
- You must be capable of clear oral and written communication; full IT literacy is essential.
Revit / Tekla / Quiksoft
About the Benefits: Excellent opportunity to develop and progress your career. Ideally they want a candidate that has the potential to take the engineering and report at director level. They will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.