Buyer - Leading RC Frame subcontractor
About the company: My client are an experienced reinforced concrete frame company with the ability to integrate groundwork and associated works in one package. Their areas of operation encompasses all the UK. The Company has a proven track record of delivering top quality projects safely and on time, regardless of site restraints and tight time-frames. The projects they work on vary in value from £500k to £10m.
About the Role:
To carry out the procurement of materials on allocated projects via daily site requests and planned procurement schedules under the direction of the Procurement Manager.
- Undertake the procurement of materials requested direct from site via a Material Requisition Form.
- To attend tender kick-off meetings if required.
- To contact any suppliers who did not return prices during the tender period stating the project has now turned live.
- To send out enquires against schedules and analyse quotations received
- Place orders in line with the procurement scheduled dates.
- To liaise with accounts on invoice delivery ticket queries.
- Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
- Approachable and polite, Ability to deal with deadlines
- Good influencer / communicator
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to influence others, and develop long term relationships with suppliers
- High degree of product & Industry knowledge
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and it’s likely impact
- High quality standards, finisher, attention to detail required
- Be able to use standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, e mail, Document Control Systems) and proprietary computer packages for carrying out designs and producing programmes.
- Detailed knowledge of the costs of labour, plant and material
- Knowledge of COINS
About the benefits: You will be working for one of the most recognised and respected contractors in industry, exposed to some of the largest sites currently being undertaken within the UK, as well having the opportunity to progress within this fine organisation.